All For One: A Thriller

All For One: A Thriller
Audiobook Produced by Hubert Campbell

The Cleansed - Season One

The Cleansed - Season One
Composer for thrilling modern audio drama produced on location in Maine by FinalRune Productions

2012 Sound Design and Music Reel

The Cleansed

Audio Draft Music Entry

Dracos Fire Theme Music Followed by Idling Music and Top Award Music samples

Game of Thrones -90 second Audio Sample

Game of Thrones Audio Drama

Composer Credit: This Way Up

This Way Up from Rick Livingston on Vimeo.

Music and Sound Design by Hubert Campbell

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to Audio Designs!

Welcome to Audio Designs by Hubert Campbell. Thanks for stopping by! This blog will host the summation of my work created at Flashpoint Academy as a Recording Arts student focusing on Sound Design for Film.

At Flashpoint, I have recorded location audio using Sound Devices' 744T Recorder and their 442 Mixer. Until I graduate, I have access to their Sennheiser boom mics and Sanken Lavalier mics. I will certainly miss using them during my time here. But my focus has been on Post Production as a sound designer and self-taught composer. With the generous support of my family, I have upgraded my sound libraries at home. I own a copy of East West / Quantum Leap's Composer's Collection for music. For synthesis, I recently purchased a copy of Native Instrument's Absynth 5. I have access to the school's copy of Digidesign's Hybrid synthesizer and Soundminer sound library which I've used frequently. I am also a big fan of Freesound.org.

My first entry to this Blog will be a film by Joseph Kieninger called Candle. This film was originally filmed in the Spring of 2009. Joe offered me the opportunity to remix the film when I asked for a chance to remix another film I had worked on with him called Dream. Dream is currently being re-edited and I will begin work on remixing that film for presentation within the next couple months.

I am currently working on two other student films. On one film, I am working with a team of 3 other sound designers as part of a class assignment. The name of that film is Segmented. There will be at least 4 or 5 different soundscapes for that film as presented by the various teams of students working on that film. The other film is an animated short with live action tentatively called This Way Up. Unfortunately, we just learned of another animated short with that title so that name may change. My role will be as composer for that film. My two other classmates will work on sound effects. I'm really looking forward to presenting this film as I admire the director's animated work and story. I have been getting great feedback on the music score so far. The film is expected to reach picture lock this week. So that film will most likely be my second entry to my online reel. One other film that is on my radar is a comedy featuring a young couple in love and practically inseparable until one of them commits a social faux-pas. The director is a great guy and a great storyteller. We'll be meeting next week for details and afterwards, I'll be recruiting classmates to make up the sound team.

On this blog, I will talk about the process of coming up with the sound effects and music. I will also share what I have learned from the experience. Thanks, again, for stopping by my little corner. I hope you enjoy the work as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Hubert

No comments:

Post a Comment